King County Road Services - Be safe, be smart
Youth safety is an extremely high priority for the Road Services Division. Find current information on transportation-related youth safety on this site. Check out our Safety Tips To and From School brochure.
Find out how to have fun and be safe on your bicycle
Stay safe while driving
Walking safely is more than one foot in front of the other
- Highways and Local Roadways
- Improving Conditions for Bicycling and Walking (5MB .pdf) - A best practices report prepared for the Federal Highway Administration by the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy and the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals.
- Safety Tips To and From School brochure
- Walkable Communities, Inc. - An organization formed in 1996 by national pedestrian expert Dan Burden to help communities become more walkable and pedestrian friendly.
- Walking in Washington - Safety, recreational and technical information for walking enthusiasts from the Washington State Department of Transportation.
- WalkingInfo.org - A clearinghouse for information about health and safety, engineering, advocacy, education, and access and mobility. Sponsored by U.S. Department of Transportation and operated by the University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center, in cooperation with the Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals.
Information from the Road Services Division's website is available to people with disabilities in alternate formats upon request by calling 206-263-6482 or 711 for the TTY relay service.
= External link