The Grants Administration Section of the Office of Regional Transportation Planning has three main areas of responsibility: grants development, grants management, and grants financial administration. The following lists the goals for these interrelated disciplines:
- Grants Development
- Develop Department priorities and projects for grant funding and ensure grant applications are consistent with the mission and goals of the department.
- Represent the Department at regional forums and promote Departmental interests, projects, and programs.
- Coordinate projects with other local agencies and jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with granting agencies on grant process criteria and fund distribution to projects and agencies.
- Grant Management
- Provide oversight and assistance to ensure grant funded projects are properly managed in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
- Represent Department with external organizations to assist with federally funded pass-through projects.
- Represent the Department with granting agencies in resolving grant management issues and advocate on behalf of Department positions and interpretations of federal rules and regulations.
- Negotiate, review and write agreements on behalf of the Department for grant funded projects in the region.
- Grant Financial Administration