Service Improvement Plan 2012 - 2017
The levy implementation ordinance required a Service Improvement Plan (SIP) to provide continuing direction regarding the use of how the County will proceed with enhanced services and supports for veterans, military personnel and their families, and others in need. The SIP identifies target populations and investment strategy areas for the County's effort.
1. Veterans, military personnel and their families who are struggling with mental and physical health problems, unstable housing or homelessness, or unemployment and in
need of supports that will help them build on their strengths and respond to the unique challenges they face.
2. Residents who experience instability in their lives resulting in involvement in the homelessness, criminal justice, or emergency medical systems.
3. Families and individuals for whom prevention and early interventions will help lay the foundation for a successful future and prevent involvement in crisis systems.
Investment Strategy Areas
1. Supporting veterans and their families to build stable lives and strong relationships
2. Ending homelessness through outreach, prevention, permanent supportive housing and employment
3. Improving health through the integration of medical and behavioral health services
4. Strengthening families at risk