Carrot and Orzo Salad with Fresh Dill
(makes 8 servings)
- 3 lbs. carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 5 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. orzo pasta
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest from the 2 lemons
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely pack fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- In a small bowl, toss carrots and garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are browned and tender. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze out pulp from garlic cloves into a small bowl and discard skins. Mash pulp with the back side of a spoon until it resembles a paste.
- Cook orzo according to package instructions. Drain in a colander (do not rinse) then transfer to a large bowl. Toss with remaining olive oil then add carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, zest, scallions and garlic paste. Mix in dill then pour over orzo mixture and toss until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat