Chicken Garden Risotto
(makes 4-6 servings)
Note: This recipe uses orzo pasta instead of rice which is commonly used in risotto recipes.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-3/4 cups (12 ounces) uncooked orzo pasta (orzo is a tiny, rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets, cut into bite-size pieces [or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli, thawed]
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cobs [or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed]
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add orzo, broccoli and broth. Reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet. Cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken. Cook 6 minutes.
- Mix in corn and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in cheese gently. Serve hot.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat