Citrus, Ginger and Green Tea Sorbet
(makes 4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- Snipped fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, add the ginger and water. Bring to boil over medium heat then turn off. Add tea bag and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes. Using a fine mesh sieve or colander, strain the liquid into a freezer-safe medium sized bowl (non-metallic) and discard the solids. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the orange and lemon juices, water and honey and mix thoroughly. Cover and freeze for about 3-4 hours. Using a wooden spoon, break the semi-solid mixture into chunks. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour back mixture into freezer bowl, cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to serve the sorbet topped with fresh mint.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat