(makes 16 servings)
- Lowfat cooking spray
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium-sized egg, beaten
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a spoon or your fingers, make a small well in the center of the flour mixture then set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil, lemon peel and lemon juice. Pour egg mixture in the well of the flour mixture then stir until ingredients are thoroughly moistened (batter may be slightly lumpy.) Add almonds and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Spray an 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan with lowfat cooking spray then pour in batter.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes then turn out of pan and let cool completely before serving.
|TEXT VERSION OF NUTRITION FACTS:|
Serving Size: 1/16 of recipe (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
||Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat