The Vac-Scene Newsletter is produced monthly to health care providers who use publicly funded vaccines for child immunizations. The purpose of this newsletter is to give you up-to-date information that is valuable to your practice.
The Vac-Scene Newsletter features articles on funding changes for vaccines and immunization programs, news on new vaccines, descriptions of local services or educational programs, and reports of national initiatives. We will also include articles on clinical issues, schedule changes, research report updates, and suggestions on improving immunization levels. While we will focus mostly on child immunizations, we will also inform you of significant developments in adult immunizations.
- New influenza vaccine formulations added for the 2013-14 season
- New Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) for Tdap and HPV (Gardasil) Vaccines
- Avian Influenza A H7N9
- VFC News: No Pentacel (and not much Pediarix); Using the New Excel Monthly Report Form
- Did you know...about Kinrix?
- Autism risk not associated with the number of vaccine antigens received in the first 2 years of life
- Study confirms waning immunity to pertussis following five doses of DTaP
- Save the date for CDC Annual Immunization Update
- ERRATA ACIP recommendations for pneumococcal vaccine in children
- VFC News: No Pentacel; PCV13 update; Correct use of less commonly-used vaccines; What’s your name, what’s your number?
- Meta-analysis finds small excess risk of GBS associated with H1N1 flu vaccination