For questions about the Water and Land Resources' website, please contact Fred Bentler, webmaster.
Related agencies, organizations and resources
King County >> Environment
- Access to King County related sites and services.
- City of Seattle >> Environment >> Seattle Public Utilities
- The Web site of the City of Seattle and its environmental activities and resources.
- City of Bellevue >> Environmental Stewardship >> Streams, Lakes and Wetlands
- City of Bellevue Web site with some of its environmental activities and resources.
- City of Renton >> Public Works >> Utilities - Surface Water
- City of Renton site and some of its environmental activities and resources.
- Snohomish County >> Surface Water Management
- Access to related sites and services in Snohomish County.
- Pierce County >> Public Works and Utilities >> Stormwater & Flooding
- Access to related sites and services in Pierce County.
- Puget Sound Clean Air Agency
- Regional air quality reports, business info, burning bans, regulations, asbestos info, and permits related to the air we breathe.
- Washington State Dept. of Ecology >> Environment Washington
- Direct link to Ecology's site which includes information about shorelines, watersheds, wetlands, hazardous wastes, air & water quality, environmenatl labs, grants, SEPA rules, and permit assistance, among other things-- and comprehensive educational resources in the Environment Washington site.
- Washington State Dept. Fish and Wildlife
- Direct link to State Dept of Fish & Wildlife's site, including information about wildlife viewing, fishing, hunting, shellfishing, habitat restoration, licensing, enforcement, and learning materials.
- Washington State Dept. of Natural Resources
- Direct link to State DNR's site, including information about regulations, lands, forestry, maps, publications, and GIS data, and great educational materials.
- Puget Sound Partnership
- Public/private group working to develop an aggressive 15-year plan to solve Puget Sound’s most vexing problems.
- Northwest Fisheries Science Center
- A department of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Puget Sound On-Line
- Puget Sound Water Quality Action Team's on-line resource for protecting water quality and resources.
- U.S. E.P.A.
- Region 10 (Pacific Northwest) offices of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- EPA's Adopt Your Watershed website
- EPA challenges citizens and organizations to join groups who are working to protect and restore our valuable rivers, streams, wetlands, lakes, ground water, and estuaries.
Community groups and organizations
- Eastside Audubon
- Works to promote a common interest in birds, the protection of their habitat, and the environment in which we all live.
- Works to protect the region's wild and open space lands to sustain the natural beauty and health of our environment.
- Trust for Public Land - Washington
- Partners with King County on its Greenprint program, a smart growth strategy that emphasizes land conservation to ensure quality of life, clean air and water, recreation, and economic health.
- People for Puget Sound
- People for Puget Sound, a regional environmental organization bringing together diverse groups of citizens around the Sound.
- Stewardship Partners
- Promotes and supports programs to encourage landowners to help conserve and restore fish and wildlife while meeting their economic needs through sustainable land management.
- Save Lake Sammamish
- Dedicated to the preservation of Lake Sammamish's water quality.
- Salmon Safe
- Certifies fish-friendly farms and urban lands for promotional purposes, to influence the restoration of agricultural and urban watersheds so that salmon can spawn and thrive.
- Society for Ecological Restoration
- A professional group for those involved in restoration and resource protection.
- Friends of Cedar River Watershed
- Partners with the Cascade Land Conservancy, operates the Cedar River Salmon Journey funded by King Conservation District, recruits, trains and coordinates nearly 1000 volunteers in habitat restoration events each year in WRIA 8, and collaborates with local high schools to educate and engage the next generation of watershed stewards.
- Friends of the Trees Society
- Dedicated to doubling the world's forests.
- Wetnet: The Washington Wetlands Network
- Protect, preserve, enhance and restore wetlands and watersheds for the benefit of birds and other wildlife and for human health and well being.
- Puget Sound Car Wash Association
- An organization of professional car washes with a deep-rooted commitment to improving water quality in the Puget Sound Area.
- Washington Native Plant Society
- A volunteer organization that serves as an effective and respected voice for the conservation of Washington's native plants and habitats, WNPS provides botanical expertise and opportunities for all to share in the enjoyment of Washington's native flora.
Directories and other web resources
- Hydrology-related Internet Resources
- A very complete and well-organized collection of links.
- Natural Heritage Program, Washington State DNR
- Provides lists of rare plants, ecosystems, and animal species by county and the Field Guide to Selected Rare Vascular Plants of Washington. Also offers GIS data and an interactive form to report plant and animal sightings.
- Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
- PPRC provides high quality, unbiased information, facilitates information exchange, and catalyzes pollution prevention projects.
- Hydrogeologist's Home Page
- Links to organizations, businesses, software, and other resources for Hydrogeologists.
- EE-Link Home Page
- A great list of Environmental Education sites for teachers and other educators.
- The Environmental WebDirectory
- A broad listing of many groups and agencies active in resource protection issues.
- Econet Seas-Water Directory
- A good directory for finding local information about resource protection.