Executive Dow Constantine
I believe our region has the will, the capacity, and the great minds to take on the tough issues, while we continue the hard work of making this the best-run government anywhere.
Executive Constantine has framed his policy agenda for meeting two of the greatest generational challenges of our time: building equity and opportunity, and confronting climate change.
Building equity and opportunity
We must do better to ensure that King County remains a place where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of where they started out in life. It’s not just an issue of fairness – we are more competitive in the global economy when everyone is able to contribute.
Confronting climate change
We can see the impact climate change is having right here in King County. To the west, Puget Sound keeps rising. To the east, the snow packs shrink and the glaciers recede. We can’t wait for congressional action or international consensus. The solutions we need must come from the local level.
The Executive launched a reform agenda immediately upon his election in Nov. 2009 to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our government. A series of targeted initiatives were put into motion to demonstrate to residents, businesses, other governments, and elected officials that King County uses public resources wisely.
Priorities:Click on the icons below to learn more about the Executive's work in each area:
- 2014 State of the County Address [full text, audio, video]
- Exec's policy brief on building shared and sustainable prosperity [PDF]
- INFOGRAPHIC: Building equity and opportunity [view, share, and download]
- INFOGRAPHIC: Confronting climate change [view, share, and download]
- Gráfica informativa sobre equidad social
- Gráfica informativa sobre cambio climático