Department of Adult &
King County Courthouse
516 Third Avenue,
Seattle, WA 98104
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
King County Juvenile Detention
Who to Call for Information
- Detention Screening: (206) 205-9594 (24 hours a day / 7 days a week). Call detention screening if your child is arrested and you need to know the child's detention status and next hearing date and time.
- Detention Information: (206) 205-9565 (24 hours a day / 7 days a week). For other detention related information.
- General Information: (206) 205-9500 (24 hours a day / 7 days a week). Recorded information about different programs and offices, including Address, Directions, Probation, Courthouse Hours, Hearing Information, Prosecutor's Office, etc.
- Probation Information: If you know the youth's assigned probation counselor, you may contact that officer directly. If not, you may call the main receptionist at (206) 205-9500 to be transferred to the right number.
- Juvenile Courthouse Main Floor Receptionist: (206) 205-9500 Receptionist available from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Contacting a Juvenile in Detention
Phone: Youth in detention may not receive phone calls. However, they are allowed to place collect phone calls on a regular basis.
Mail: You may send mail to youth in detention. All mail will be opened, reviewed and screened for inappropriate content.
Mail may be sent to the following address:
c/o King County Juvenile Detention
1211 East Alder
Seattle, WA 98122